GSoC 2014 – Muon package and initial apt-listbugs integration [Week3]


The past week I’ve finished the muon package, available @ on the gsoc-floris-2014 branch (use at your own risk!)

Also, I’ve finished up the KAuth support when adding/removing repos (already pushed to the master of Muon). Most importantly, I’ve started integrating apt-listbugs a most important component of Debian. What does this mean and how it will affect the end-user? Well, having apt-listbugs integrated means that the user will be warned when installing packages if the packages have some serious/grave/critical bugs!

I am still working on making it async and I hope to be done by tonight. Also, some formatting work on the dialog is still needed. Check it out bellow:

Apt-listbugs in action

After I finish the apt-listbugs integration, I will get started on writing up some apt unit tests as suggested by Aleix. Also, I will work with Sune on updating the qapt package as well.

In a nutshell:

This week:
*muon package
*KAuth support implemented
*initial apt-listbugs integration

Plans for next week:
*finish apt-listbugs integration (async, with pretty formatting!)
*apt unit tests
*update qapt package

Thanks for reading, see you next week!

GSoC2014 – Debianizing Muon [Week 1]


My name is Floris (FlowRiser) and during GSoC I will be working at the project “Getting Muon ready”. I am guided by two awesome mentors: Sune Vuorela (svuorela) and Aleix Pol (apol). Essentially what we are trying to accomplish is not only port Muon to Debian, but also make it part of Debian; making users that use and love Debian confortable with it. Some of our goals are: integrating apt-listbugs into muon, making installing updates easier and contributing to both KDE and Debian at the same time.

The exact plan (week by week), subject to change is here:

This week, we focused on getting the core functionality of Muon for Debian; Browsing packages, installing/updating, getting update notifications; Today I will also be making some packaging work, so that other people can begin testing Muon.

The exact changes so far:
*changes to the .desktop files parsing, so you can browse packages as expected
*changes to the way more than one backend interract
*created a new releasechecker script for future use

Plans for next week include:
*fixing kdesudo use
*fixing use of specific backend resources